Our award-winning MSc Clinical Research Course was India’s first & till date the most sought-after Course within the science fraternity. ICBIO Institute has been a pioneering institution to introduce this Course since 2006 and we are very proud in introducing the maximum number of postgraduates.
M.Sc. in Clinical Research is a 2-year postgraduate program in medicine. Clinical Research is the study aimed at defining the safety and efficiency of new medical products including drugs, vaccines, devices, diagnostic agents, and treatment regimens on purpose of maintaining and recovering human health. Students are trained for prevention, treatment, diagnosis, or for relieving symptoms of a disease. Clinical Research essentially involves:
- Studies are carried out on healthy and diseased volunteers to generate information.
- Such data which can be used in the treatment, diagnosis, prevention, and curtailment of diseases and their symptoms.
- Development of new applications including new vaccines, pharmaceuticals, and medical procedures as tested in clinical trials.
M.Sc. in Clinical Research at ICBIO is recognized by University Of Mysore. We use high-quality and innovative approaches, methodologies and fulltime staff members, in research & teaching, to improve the job prospects for learners and aspirants of Life sciences thereby enabling them to meet the enhance the demand of skilled manpower in the field of Pharma, Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Biomedical industries.
Course Duration: 24months/ IV Semester Regular Program
Certification: University of Mysore
Classes : Weekly 5 days
Timings : 10 a.m – 2 p.m
About University of Mysore
The University of Mysore is among the foremost ranking institutions of its kind and is an persistent icon in the sphere of higher education in India and also, it is the first ever University in Karnataka outside the domain of the English administration in India with faculties for Arts, Science, Engineering, Technology and Medicine.
1. The candidates must have studied any Bachelor degree in Life science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dental, BE in Biotechnology or any graduation in Allied Health Science/Life Science Graduates from a recognized University. B.Sc., in Nursing / B. Tech (BT) B.M.L.T / B.Sc., M.L.T / B.P.T /B.A.M.S / B.H.M.S
Candidates who have completed PG Diploma in Clinical Research & Clinical Data Management or PG Diploma in Clinical Trial Management are eligible for Lateral entry to IIIrd Semester and are awarded M.Sc., at the end of 4th Semester.
2. The candidates must have completed bachelor degree with an aggregate of 45% marks excluding languages(Relaxable to 40% for SC & ST candidates)
3. 50% marks of the entrance test and 50% marks of the bachelor degree examination excluding languages will be considered for preparing the merit list at the time of admission.
Scope In MSc Clinical Research
MSc Clinical research is a current knowledge-intensive and booming industry. It is one of the industries growing at an astonishing rate and opening up a wide scope of employment opportunities for trained professionals. Clinical Research field is a growing opportunity for students interested in medical research projects. As there is a immense growth in India and all over the globe, the market is estimated reach to USD 2 billion by 2020.
Starting salary of close to 5 lakhs per annum. The hike in the remuneration will be proportional to the years of experience.
JOB PROFILES AFTER M.SC. CLINICAL RESEARCH –
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Analyst
- Clinical Research Investigator
- Study Coordinator Manager
- Associate Study Coordinator Manager
- Data Manager/Biostatistician
- Clinical Trials Auditor
- Clinical Project Manager
- Clinical Research Manager
Why study this degree at ICBIO INSTITUTE?
The ICBIO INSTITUTE is a global leader in the field with over 450 researchers (including clinicians, statisticians, trials managers) working within it. Students will meet and be taught by many of these researchers.