Choosing to become a doctor or entering into the field of engineering is quite a common choice for more students after they complete their 12th. But most of the students would not have given any thought into Clinical Research, although it is a very demanding branch of medicine. In simple terms, clinical research is a division of Medical Research that supports you in being a part of research centers for drugs and cures. In this article, we will give you an inside review of the Clinical research careers and clinical research jobs available after doing clinical research courses.
What is a clinical research course?
Clinical Research is a branch of healthcare science that includes the study of the safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products, and treatment for human use. Clinical Research limits the best way for the prevention and treatment of various diseases.
An individual who practices Clinical Researches and has studied clinical research courses is usually referred to as a Clinical Research Investigator. The field of Clinical Research is generally divided into three major parts, i.e.
- Patient-Oriented Research
- Epidemiologic and Behavioral Research
- Health Service research.
The experiments are done with a test article subjected to pre-clinical studies or animal studies.
How to make a career in clinical research?
Clinical research requires testing products, conventional medicines for safety, and effectiveness. The work often involves working with test patients during extended experiments to record and quantify the effect that different medicines produce. Experiments are regularly conducted in hospitals or at testing facilities run by universities, private corporations, or the government. Because of the importance of the work and the fact that human subjects are involved, clinical research is a highly regulated field.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in a health-related subject or life sciences
- Take relevant courses in topics such as clinical practices, research ethics, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Get certified as a clinical research associate
- Highlight your skills on your resume
- Get an internship
- Apply for entry-level positions
The job role of a clinical researcher: The role of a clinical research associate in simple terms is to coordinate the collection, distribution, and storage of data collected during clinical trials. The execution of this role and a career in clinical research involves quite a few responsibilities.
- Develop and write clinical trial protocols
- Develop forms and templates for data collection
- Coordinate with Ethics committee to ensure trials are conducted in an ethical manner
- Set up trial sites, ensure tests are done as per procedures and regulations
- Educate patients, doctors and other personnel about the trial
- Monitor the conduct of examinations at various locations and review data for regulatory submissions
- Prepare reports, presentations, and manuscripts for publications
Demand for clinical research course in India
India is evolving in many phases to run the race in the world, and Clinical Research is one such phase where India is making remarkable development and growth. India has been involved in clinical research for the past many years and is now on its way to becoming a significant focus for it. The billion-dollar industry is already witnessing high demand for qualified professionals. The Indian pharmaceutical sector is one of the most developing segments of the Indian economy and has made rapid strides over the years. There is a tremendous need for clinical research professionals in this fast-growing field. Our clinical research institute in Bangalore offers the students various Clinical research courses with 100% placement. Clinical research makes an exciting career option with enormous scope for professional growth. To build a career in clinical research, primary education in this field is necessary, and good hands-on is the need.
How to select the best clinical research institute in India?
The billion-dollar industry is already witnessing high demand for qualified professionals in India. Our clinical research institute in Bangalore provides you with an MSc in Clinical Research as well as a PG diploma in Clinical Research.
You can check out a few things to select any clinical research institute in India:
- Check that, from where that institute is recognized.
- How old that institute is?
- Check the faculty.
- Check the reviews about institute
- Know more about study culture over there
- Meet with a few past or senior students who had got a degree from there.
Clinical research involves testing products, typically medicines, for safety and effectiveness. The work often involves working with test patients during extended experiments to record and quantify the effect that different medicines produce. You can check for our clinical research institute in Bangalore to know more about how you can make a career in clinical research.